[SOLVED] 2700x paired with an x570 motherboard

theoriginal RipSaw

Prominent
Mar 1, 2019
is it a good idea to upgrade to an x570 MB for a 2700x, i am planning on upgrading my processor at a later time anyways but wondered if i should go this way first?

i will probably go with a higher end Ryzen 3000 series processor down the line.

Solution
The main attraction for x570 is PCIE 4.0. If you plan on running multiple gen 3 NVME drives at rated speed, want to run gen 4 NVME, want to run really fast memory, or think you might buy a flagship GPU a couple years from now (that will saturate gen 3) then it might make sense over an x470 or b450 board.

The other consideration is power delivery. Even the lower end x570 will have good power delivery. Many x470/b450 boards are not very good in this regard.
If you are not going to upgrade to Zen2 right now, then I would wait on X570. There are some issues with the chipset, since it's new and like all new platforms has some growing pains, but more importantly it is likely that it will be much less expensive a few months down the road for any X570 board after the initial demand wears off. Maybe during the Black Friday or other holiday sales would be a better time, if you want to catch a good deal on a good board.

But regardless, it should work if you choose to do that, either way.

Reactions: DMAN999

theoriginal RipSaw

Prominent
Mar 1, 2019
If you are not going to upgrade to Zen2 right now, then I would wait on X570. There are some issues with the chipset, since it's new and like all new platforms has some growing pains, but more importantly it is likely that it will be much less expensive a few months down the road for any X570 board after the initial demand wears off. Maybe during the Black Friday or other holiday sales would be a better time, if you want to catch a good deal on a good board.

But regardless, it should work if you choose to do that, either way.

I already own the 2700x but plan to upgrade one part at a time if i can.

rigg42

Respectable
Oct 17, 2018
The main attraction for x570 is PCIE 4.0. If you plan on running multiple gen 3 NVME drives at rated speed, want to run gen 4 NVME, want to run really fast memory, or think you might buy a flagship GPU a couple years from now (that will saturate gen 3) then it might make sense over an x470 or b450 board.

The other consideration is power delivery. Even the lower end x570 will have good power delivery. Many x470/b450 boards are not very good in this regard.

Solution

theoriginal RipSaw

Prominent
Mar 1, 2019

Power delivery was my main concern as the 2700x likes a lot of it lol, and the fact that i will eventually will move to a Zen 2 Processor. ( using Asrock x470 Master SLI/ac now).