Question 2700X Strange Frequencies

May 26, 2019
I recently bought a 2700X with an Aorus B450 Pro motherboard and G.Skill 3200 RAM. I am having a lot of issues getting this CPU to play games well.

My issue is that whenever I fire up a game, all 16 threads will boost up to exactly 4.0 GHz and stay there. I would much rather have PBO do its job and boost 1 or 2 cores up to 4.3, because that's all that most games really use. In Ryzen Master, my EDC percentage is usually very high (85% while writing this and 99% while playing any game).

My temps are good (max at 65C during Aida stress test), I have PBO enabled in the BIOS, my BIOS is up to date (Version F40), I have the latest chipset drivers from AMD, and my power plan in Windows is set to balanced. I have tried undervolting the CPU to reduce the EDC but that made no difference. Also, the highest Cinebench R15 score I can get is 1650.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would really appreciate it.

May 26, 2019
If you have amd balanced in power plans use it and set min processor state to 5%.
My edc was also high here just after some of the lastest win 10 updates.

I just changed to the AMD balanced and set the Minimum state to 40% and then restarted and I'm still rocking a 90% while I'm writing this. And I do have my RAM at 3200.

all cores at 4.0 GHz is how it is supposed to behave....normal behavior. (Don't feel bad, people expect the same things from 9900K every day, i.e, they want all cores at 4.7 GHz, and at least two more at 5 GHz...which does not happen without some XTU tweaking)

You can have your one or two cores boosting even higher when at the desktop and opening/closing applications, etc...