27in Monitor. Is it worth it?

nobly

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
This is not a LCD monitor. This is a LCD HDTV.
Look at its resolution: 1366 x 768

If you want a high res screen/lcd, this is not the way to go.

I don't know if that's a good price (I haven't kept up w/ TVs).

nobly

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
Oh yeah, if you're shopping for a TV, then I guess its not too bad. High shipping though! Besides, personally, I'd like to see the TV in action before I buy it. Maybe some stores around here have one or something.

I (perhaps wrongly) assumed that you were going to use it with a computer. Sorry. If it was hooked up to a computer, I'd want the higher res more than the big screen. I'd kind of be like going back to 1024x768 :)

matrixinc

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
Definately wouyld'nt want to go back in technologu as far as resolution. I am actually shopping for a TV and a monitor right now. There are just way too many options out there now. It was a lot easier when there were only a few to choose from. Man I miss the good old days. Well maybe not.

Since you're calling it a Monitor I'm assuming you want to use it as a computer monitor, so one thing I see missing is a DVI input thats kinda important since most high end video cards today have DVI outputs.

When you first get it if you're a gamer you'll go through a few Oohs and Aahs, and then the reality of the resolution its capable of will make you extremely disappointed.

So I'd suggest a smaller screen, maybe 22 to 24 still widescreen but capable of say 1920 x 1200 resolution with DVI input, then pretty much any game you decide to play you'll be blown away with.

But if I'm off base and you want it for a TV it will be just fine, its not the best you could get but it will do.