Question 280mm aio on front worth it?

Jul 9, 2022
Bought a prebuilt with a 3070 ti and 12700k CPU that's in a Deepcool Matrexx 50 case. Has an absolutely terrible AIO so I'm replacing it. Bought a 280mm from amazon, but I realized too late it only supports 240mm at top(sites listed the information inncorrectly).

Deepcool Matrexx 50 supports 1 fan in the rear, and two at the top. It only supports 280mm aio at the front.

Is there a fan configuration that won't overheat my GPU? or should I just return the 280mm and get a 240mm instead?

thanks

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Front cpu AIO heating up gpu is overblown.
Unless you are running Blender or similar program on an i9 or OCed i7 and trying to play games at the same time, it's a non issue.

That said, the glass/acrylic panel makes the option of front AIO less efficient than top would.
Return the 280mm, get a 240mm, remove the rear fan, put a filter there, and now there's 2 sources of air to flow into the top AIO.

There is no problem mounting a aio radiator on top exhausting heat.
CPU will not be cooled quite as well as a front mount, but the 280 should have more radiator volume than the 240 to compensate.

If anything, the gpu and motherboard will do a bit better since it is getting fresher air to work with.