290x Lightning not detected by motherboard

lyracs

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018
Hi, so I had just upgraded to a MSI 290x Lightning. I bought it used from my cousin who had used it for about a year and half with no issues. I upgraded from a r9 380. I did know that this card is on the hotter end and I have been able to keep the Gpu under 75 Celsius and even lower during games. Though, today I when I left for five minutes there was no signal on my monitor. so I restarted my pc hoping it would work( It didn't). So I opened up my pc trying to take the gpu out and putting it back in (didn't work). But I was able to go on my pc through my mobo and I was able to restart my pc and go into the bios to see if my gpu was detected. It wasn't so I open up my pc again and tried doing the same thing with the gpu but I noticed this time that my gpu didn't stay in. The side opposite of the lever that clicks in does NOT stay in when clicked. And ever since I'm getting no signal from my monitor, but from my gpu my monitor goes into power save mode. Any thoughts? (Sorry this is long)

* I think my motherboard is dead but I don't have this much knowledge of pc's myself.

SPECS: -i5 4690k (not oc)
- MSI z97 SLI Krait edition Motherboard
- 16 gb hyperx ddr3 1866 ram
-EVGA 650 GQ
-MSI 290x Lightning (ln2 mode, not oc)
- 4 fans
-optical drive
-1 tb seagate barracuda hdd
- 240gb sandisk ssd
-Corsair Spec 02 mid tower
- I do plan on overclocking/upgrading in the future.

Things I have done beforehand
-Clean amd driverinstall with ddu i think it's called.
-Updated bios/checked

:: I haven't had any issues whatsoever until now with anything in my pc. I've been really careful with everything It's just that I leave for college in about a week and need to what I have to get fixed before then. Thank you very much!

lyracs

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018

Well, shouldn't the 650 be fine for now? I'm not overclocking or doing any changes with it, It's just there temporary till I upgrade towards overclocking and wanting to make any changes to it. Plus when I also plugged the HDMI cord into the motherboard nothing came up on the monitor also.