2D Fighting Games Much Better On Xbox

Hi,

Has anyone played King of Fighters or Capcom Vs SNK 2 on Playstation 2
and Xbox ?
The xbox controller seems to be much better for the games as the
xbox's dpad is absolutely perfect for performing special moves while
the left analogue stick too seem to be quite responsive to use. I
never have problems pulling off the moves when I wish to use them.

Maybe it is because my hands are kinda big but I find the PS 2's
control pad to be very awkward, the D-Pad simply doesn't feel right
and is frustrating when attempting any kind of special or
super-special.

"Ryan Hayward" <ryanghREMOVECAPITALS@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone played King of Fighters or Capcom Vs SNK 2 on Playstation 2
> and Xbox ?
> The xbox controller seems to be much better for the games as the
> xbox's dpad is absolutely perfect for performing special moves while
> the left analogue stick too seem to be quite responsive to use. I
> never have problems pulling off the moves when I wish to use them.
>
> Maybe it is because my hands are kinda big but I find the PS 2's
> control pad to be very awkward, the D-Pad simply doesn't feel right
> and is frustrating when attempting any kind of special or
> super-special.

Hi there..
I have, DarkStalkers, SFalpha3, Capcom Fighting Jam, KOF and C Vs SNK2 for
PS2 and SF2 anniverary for PS2 and Xbox..

I found the Xbox pad THE worst for Fighting games, and the PS2 pad far
better in terms of button layout and simple ergonomics.. but still isn't
great.
the difference for me was the way that the Xbox handled the license for the
games I wanted to play..
I wanted to play Streetfighter anniversary collection, with SF3 - which is
as yet unavailable on Pal PS2,

what I've found is that the special edition SF2 pads for Xbox are ok as an
alternative pad, but the king, for me, has to be the Sega Saturn pad for
PS2.
the D-pad is the same as the old Megadrive 6 button.. quite grippy, and with
deep recesses between the D-quarters.. you can really feel them and be
positive with performing moves.
plus, the trigger buttons are laid out 3X3 with 2 shoulder buttons for PPP
and KKK, which i guess can be configured for the Snes layout..

another alternative, is to get the Sf2 SE arcade stick from
www.play-asia.com they've served me very well lately, and deliver in decent
time..

hope this helps

nick.

"Nick Sadler" <nick.sadler@**spamguard**blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Ryan Hayward" <ryanghREMOVECAPITALS@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> Has anyone played King of Fighters or Capcom Vs SNK 2 on Playstation 2
>> and Xbox ?
>> The xbox controller seems to be much better for the games as the
>> xbox's dpad is absolutely perfect for performing special moves while
>> the left analogue stick too seem to be quite responsive to use. I
>> never have problems pulling off the moves when I wish to use them.
>>
>> Maybe it is because my hands are kinda big but I find the PS 2's
>> control pad to be very awkward, the D-Pad simply doesn't feel right
>> and is frustrating when attempting any kind of special or
>> super-special.
>

> Hi there..
> I have, DarkStalkers, SFalpha3, Capcom Fighting Jam, KOF and C Vs SNK2 for
> PS2 and SF2 anniverary for PS2 and Xbox..
>
> I found the Xbox pad THE worst for Fighting games, and the PS2 pad far
> better in terms of button layout and simple ergonomics.. but still isn't
> great.
> the difference for me was the way that the Xbox handled the license for
> the games I wanted to play..
> I wanted to play Streetfighter anniversary collection, with SF3 - which is
> as yet unavailable on Pal PS2,
>
> what I've found is that the special edition SF2 pads for Xbox are ok as an
> alternative pad, but the king, for me, has to be the Sega Saturn pad for
> PS2.
> the D-pad is the same as the old Megadrive 6 button.. quite grippy, and
> with deep recesses between the D-quarters.. you can really feel them and
> be positive with performing moves.
> plus, the trigger buttons are laid out 3X3 with 2 shoulder buttons for PPP
> and KKK, which i guess can be configured for the Snes layout..
>
> another alternative, is to get the Sf2 SE arcade stick from
> www.play-asia.com they've served me very well lately, and deliver in
> decent time..
>

> hope this helps

I can't stand the XBox controllers for fighting games.
I picked up the converter/adapter that allows you to use your PS2 controller
on the XBox.

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 08:16:11 -0400, "Boody Bandit"
<boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"Nick Sadler" <nick.sadler@**spamguard**blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>> "Ryan Hayward" <ryanghREMOVECAPITALS@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Has anyone played King of Fighters or Capcom Vs SNK 2 on Playstation 2
>>> and Xbox ?
>>> The xbox controller seems to be much better for the games as the
>>> xbox's dpad is absolutely perfect for performing special moves while
>>> the left analogue stick too seem to be quite responsive to use. I
>>> never have problems pulling off the moves when I wish to use them.
>>>
>>> Maybe it is because my hands are kinda big but I find the PS 2's
>>> control pad to be very awkward, the D-Pad simply doesn't feel right
>>> and is frustrating when attempting any kind of special or
>>> super-special.
>>

>> Hi there..
>> I have, DarkStalkers, SFalpha3, Capcom Fighting Jam, KOF and C Vs SNK2 for
>> PS2 and SF2 anniverary for PS2 and Xbox..
>>
>> I found the Xbox pad THE worst for Fighting games, and the PS2 pad far
>> better in terms of button layout and simple ergonomics.. but still isn't
>> great.
>> the difference for me was the way that the Xbox handled the license for
>> the games I wanted to play..
>> I wanted to play Streetfighter anniversary collection, with SF3 - which is
>> as yet unavailable on Pal PS2,
>>
>> what I've found is that the special edition SF2 pads for Xbox are ok as an
>> alternative pad, but the king, for me, has to be the Sega Saturn pad for
>> PS2.
>> the D-pad is the same as the old Megadrive 6 button.. quite grippy, and
>> with deep recesses between the D-quarters.. you can really feel them and
>> be positive with performing moves.
>> plus, the trigger buttons are laid out 3X3 with 2 shoulder buttons for PPP
>> and KKK, which i guess can be configured for the Snes layout..
>>
>> another alternative, is to get the Sf2 SE arcade stick from
>> www.play-asia.com they've served me very well lately, and deliver in
>> decent time..
>>

>> hope this helps
>
>I can't stand the XBox controllers for fighting games.
>I picked up the converter/adapter that allows you to use your PS2 controller
>on the XBox.

Perhaps I should play the game online as I am probably one of the only
xbox's owner to feel very confortable with its controller for 2D
fighting games:) I guess my time with the genesis ( similar
design ) has made it easier for me to pick up and master.

> On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 08:16:11 -0400, "Boody Bandit"
> <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>"Nick Sadler" <nick.sadler@**spamguard**blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Ryan Hayward" <ryanghREMOVECAPITALS@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message

>>> Hi there..
>>> I have, DarkStalkers, SFalpha3, Capcom Fighting Jam, KOF and C Vs SNK2
>>> for
>>> PS2 and SF2 anniverary for PS2 and Xbox..
>>>
>>> I found the Xbox pad THE worst for Fighting games, and the PS2 pad far
>>> better in terms of button layout and simple ergonomics.. but still isn't
>>> great.
>>> the difference for me was the way that the Xbox handled the license for
>>> the games I wanted to play..
>>> I wanted to play Streetfighter anniversary collection, with SF3 - which
>>> is
>>> as yet unavailable on Pal PS2,
>>>
>>> what I've found is that the special edition SF2 pads for Xbox are ok as
>>> an
>>> alternative pad, but the king, for me, has to be the Sega Saturn pad for
>>> PS2.
>>> the D-pad is the same as the old Megadrive 6 button.. quite grippy, and
>>> with deep recesses between the D-quarters.. you can really feel them
>>> and
>>> be positive with performing moves.
>>> plus, the trigger buttons are laid out 3X3 with 2 shoulder buttons for
>>> PPP
>>> and KKK, which i guess can be configured for the Snes layout..
>>>
>>> another alternative, is to get the Sf2 SE arcade stick from
>>> www.play-asia.com they've served me very well lately, and deliver in
>>> decent time..
>>>

>>> hope this helps
>>
>>I can't stand the XBox controllers for fighting games.
>>I picked up the converter/adapter that allows you to use your PS2
>>controller
>>on the XBox.
>>

> Perhaps I should play the game online as I am probably one of the only
> xbox's owner to feel very confortable with its controller for 2D
> fighting games:) I guess my time with the genesis ( similar
> design ) has made it easier for me to pick up and master.

I have been playing fighting games since 8 bit days.
I just don't like the directional pad for the XBox controller.

skippy

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 11:02:38 +0800, Ryan Hayward
<ryanghREMOVECAPITALS@iprimus.com.au> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Has anyone played King of Fighters or Capcom Vs SNK 2 on Playstation 2
>and Xbox ?
>The xbox controller seems to be much better for the games as the
>xbox's dpad is absolutely perfect for performing special moves while
>the left analogue stick too seem to be quite responsive to use. I
>never have problems pulling off the moves when I wish to use them.
>
>Maybe it is because my hands are kinda big but I find the PS 2's
>control pad to be very awkward, the D-Pad simply doesn't feel right
>and is frustrating when attempting any kind of special or
>super-special.

It's a matter of personal preference. I would rangk the controllers
like this for fighting games

1. ps2
2. xbox
3.gamecube

I hate using the analog stick for 2d fighting games, it makes some
circular moves easier but makes any hold back moves harder.
If you want a better experince pick up the contollers made especially
for fighting games. the best dpad was the genesis 6 button contoller
or the saturn one.

> It's a matter of personal preference. I would rangk the controllers
> like this for fighting games
>
> 1. ps2
> 2. xbox
> 3.gamecube
>
> I hate using the analog stick for 2d fighting games, it makes some
> circular moves easier but makes any hold back moves harder.
> If you want a better experince pick up the contollers made especially
> for fighting games. the best dpad was the genesis 6 button contoller
> or the saturn one.

You damn right...the Genesis and Saturn controllers are the two best
controllers *ever* made...

Bel

--

Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/

"It's time to be be a king among men"

- Duke in Duke Nukem: Time to Kill

Nick Sadler wrote:

> Hi there..
> I have, DarkStalkers, SFalpha3, Capcom Fighting Jam, KOF and C Vs SNK2 for
> PS2 and SF2 anniverary for PS2 and Xbox..
>
> I found the Xbox pad THE worst for Fighting games, and the PS2 pad far
> better in terms of button layout and simple ergonomics.. but still isn't
> great.
> the difference for me was the way that the Xbox handled the license for the
> games I wanted to play..
> I wanted to play Streetfighter anniversary collection, with SF3 - which is
> as yet unavailable on Pal PS2,
>
> what I've found is that the special edition SF2 pads for Xbox are ok as an
> alternative pad, but the king, for me, has to be the Sega Saturn pad for
> PS2.

no argument here. Fortunately you can now get the Saturn pad on the PS2

> another alternative, is to get the Sf2 SE arcade stick from
> www.play-asia.com they've served me very well lately, and deliver in decent
> time..

The best cheap alternative IMHO is look for a 3rd party PS1 stick.
There are plenty of them. Since most 2D fighters only use digital, they
work fine in the PS2. I got myself a large 2 player stick for $40
Canadian, and it works great.