2GB or 4GB Gigabyte GTX 960

zachattack748

Reputable
May 12, 2015
I'm getting the gigabyte gtx 960 g1 gpu and im not sure how much of a difference the 4GB version will get me over the 2GB version... All i really want to play are games such as Cities Skylines and Minecraft with FPS over 60, if possible.

Solution
I bought the GTX 960 G1 4GB from Gigabyte a few weeks ago and i'm very pleased with my purchase. It's a solid card with impressive performance for it's class. And, let's face it: it looks AWESOME! I have a windowed case and can't stop looking at it being beastly :p

Note that this a 1080p card, and that it only shines in this class! You could use this card for higher resolutions, but it's not recomended. In higher resolutions the framerates will often drop below 60FPS.
For example, i'm running BF4 on ultra with only MFAA turned down a bit and my framerates don't drop below 70FPS.

For 1080p i'd say: go for it!

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador
In your case there isnt much need for the 4gb version with them games.

Looking at the reviews and benchmarks, the 4gb version is better, not so much in max FPS, but it makes for a smoother experience in games that use a lot of vram - the 4gb didnt exibit stutter like the 2gb card did when running out of vram.

Peejay_

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
I bought the GTX 960 G1 4GB from Gigabyte a few weeks ago and i'm very pleased with my purchase. It's a solid card with impressive performance for it's class. And, let's face it: it looks AWESOME! I have a windowed case and can't stop looking at it being beastly :p

Note that this a 1080p card, and that it only shines in this class! You could use this card for higher resolutions, but it's not recomended. In higher resolutions the framerates will often drop below 60FPS.
For example, i'm running BF4 on ultra with only MFAA turned down a bit and my framerates don't drop below 70FPS.

For 1080p i'd say: go for it!

Solution