2K Games, Bethesda, Ubisoft Release New Game Bundles

Status
Not open for further replies.

s997863

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2007
How about an article about the alternatives and their current legalities? Like buying a used game disk + its online key and then applying an offline crack to have a secure backup with no idiotic social messaging/leaderboards or worthless DLC that wasn't good enough to make a real expansion pack? Or borrowing a game & its user-account from a friend for a single run-through, considering the low replay value of the interactive movies that pass for games these days?

masmotors

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011

this is about the game bundles

Bondfc11

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
It is definitely gotten to the point I will never buy a new game on release. Wait 6-12 months you will get the same game for at least half off. I started this "wait and pay less" approach 2 years ago, and it sucked then since I was stuck with crappy, cheapy Steam games. Now however this approach is working like a charm since I have a good rotation going of games I buy in the cheap bundles, play those for 6 months, and a new one becomes available. If you can wait and get into this cycle do it - it will save you hundreds (thousands over years).

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
It is definitely gotten to the point I will never buy a new game on release. Wait 6-12 months you will get the same game for at least half off. I started this "wait and pay less" approach 2 years ago, and it sucked then since I was stuck with crappy, cheapy Steam games. Now however this approach is working like a charm since I have a good rotation going of games I buy in the cheap bundles, play those for 6 months, and a new one becomes available. If you can wait and get into this cycle do it - it will save you hundreds (thousands over years).
God bless steam sales! I have 130 game on steam and the average I have paid is less than $10 each, most were $50+ at release. I all I have to do is wait like Bondfc11 said. I feel sad for the console guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.