Apr 2, 2015
I have a Radeon RX 570 Series Card
Intel Core i5 @ 2.90GHz
16GB RAM Machine

Currently I have 2 displays

Primary: DELL 1920x1200 (16:10)
Secondary: Acer 1920x1080 (16:9)

My Main two games I play are GTA V and The Sims 4
and according to the statics in GPU-Z, It seems like im hardly using my GPU to it's potiental

so I'll have been investing in buying a large display that will replace my need for 2 displays

Obviously I Should be looking at the 21:9 displays, but now that 4K's are affordable, it's attempting to go for that instead.

I have been told at a store that you can't really tell the difference between a 2K or 4K when it comes to playing games, etc, and now the cheaper 2K is also increasing attempting.

And should go for curved display, although most times I just browsing the internet on the desktop.

So question will my machine handle 4K well? will games be able to run at 60fps or above?
Or 2K, they are cheaper require less horsepower. The decision is killing me and I end up buying nothing.

Solution
Intel Core i5 @ 2.90GHz
16GB RAM Machine

and according to the statics in GPU-Z, It seems like im hardly using my GPU to it's potiental

so I'll have been investing in buying a large display that will replace my need for 2 displays

Obviously I Should be looking at the 21:9 displays, but now that 4K's are affordable, it's attempting to go for that instead.

I have been told at a store that you can't really tell the difference between a 2K or 4K when it comes to playing games, etc, and now the cheaper 2K is also increasing attempting.

And should go for...

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Intel Core i5 @ 2.90GHz
16GB RAM Machine

And should go for curved display, although most times I just browsing the internet on the desktop.

So question will my machine handle 4K well? will games be able to run at 60fps or above?
Or 2K, they are cheaper require less horsepower. The decision is killing me and I end up buying nothing.

Hi @Spiderkeys

The 570 is not a powerful enough card to make full use of a 2K monitor (1440p) let alone a 4K one. (2160p) Your 570 is a mid-range 1080p card. That's not saying it's a bad card, because it's not, it's just not built for gaming at 2K & above is all.

Just under a year ago I was in the exact same boat as you. My old Vizio 27" finally gave up the ghost and so I found myself in the market for a new monitor. After a ton of research, I ended up buying this 32" 2k monitorand it's frankly been great. The curved screen took a little getting used to but now I really can't see myself ever going back to flat. Of course everyone has their own preferences but after looking long and hard into getting a 4k, I ultimately decided against it.

As for 4K's overall visuals, there are more than 1 "type" of 4K display and some look night & day better the next 4k. Of course they cost an arm and a leg more! :)

Whats your budget?

Solution

Spiderkeys

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2015
Under 1k would be my budget, but thanks for suggestions, I'll forget 4K, in my state it's far too overkill Maybe they are cheaper but the graphics cards to support are not!

I will go with a 1440p, If I'm not pleased with the performance, a more powerful graphics card can come later in my next shopping spree.

1080p used to be good and had more desktop space I thought I would ever need but it's horrible for applications like Vegas Pro or Blender where I keep moving/resizing/shrinking sub-windows every minute to get enough space to work on.

Spiderkeys

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2015
My new 2K arrived Kogan 27" Freesync Gaming Monitor 144Hz 2560x1440 arrived today, comfortable for FULL SCREEN gaming anyway, machine runs better with it than I expected but not true all great.

But the Curved screen is so hard to adjust too, for normal Desktop usage right-Left edges just look distracting discolored, but i'm sure it's the nature of the curve on not a defect. Yeah everything looked well Curved, It's doesnt fit well next a second flat old monitor. But I doubt I've go for a curved again next time :|

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
My new 2K arrived Kogan 27" Freesync Gaming Monitor 144Hz 2560x1440 arrived today, comfortable for FULL SCREEN gaming anyway, machine runs better with it than I expected but not true all great.

But the Curved screen is so hard to adjust too, for normal Desktop usage right-Left edges just look distracting discolored, but i'm sure it's the nature of the curve on not a defect. Yeah everything looked well Curved, It's doesnt fit well next a second flat old monitor. But I doubt I've go for a curved again next time :|

Hi @Spiderkeys

I've never heard of the brand Kogan but a quick search showed generally positive overall reviews. I did read that it was a VA panel from Samsung. Keep an eye on your pixels to be sure none are dead. As for the discolored edges, that should not be happening. I'm not sure if it's a difference in overall screen size and curvature, mine is 32" & 1800R vs your monitors 1500, but it should be as crisp and clear along the edges as it is in the middle.

Viewing it will take a little time for your eyes to get used to as it is quite different and you're right that it looks out of place next to a flat screen.

Sorry to hear though that it's turning out to not be what you wanted. :(