[SOLVED] 2nd 2080 ti running on x8

manish_mv

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2013
PLEASE HELP ME /\
I have x399 MSI carbon mobo
4 slots x16 x8 x16 x8
3 cards gtx660 and 2 2080 ti
both 2080ti are installed on x16 ports but still one on the second x 16 port tells card running on x 8 speed as per GPUZ.
Why ? What is wrong i am doing?
Regards
Manish

Solution
Assuming you have the 2080tis in the E1 and E4 PCIe slot and the LED light next to the slot is red then you should be getting x16 speeds.

Even if for whatever reason its not working in X16 on one card at most you are losing a few frames of performance.

SLI in theory sounds good but it scales poorly in games and alot of applications, support for it is dwindling and lots of games are so poorly optimized for it performance can be worse then a single card.

Is there a reason you still have GTX660 in your system, the card is serving no purpose aside from possible driver conflicts.
Assuming you have the 2080tis in the E1 and E4 PCIe slot and the LED light next to the slot is red then you should be getting x16 speeds.

Even if for whatever reason its not working in X16 on one card at most you are losing a few frames of performance.

SLI in theory sounds good but it scales poorly in games and alot of applications, support for it is dwindling and lots of games are so poorly optimized for it performance can be worse then a single card.

Is there a reason you still have GTX660 in your system, the card is serving no purpose aside from possible driver conflicts.

Solution