Question 2nd build, starts up but nothing on monitor

Sep 6, 2019
Hello! Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me try and figure this out.

The issue is that my PC will start up but there’s no video being fed to the monitor. I’ve tried the suggestions in the sticky post, checked all the pins to be what I think they should plug into, reseated RAM and other components, still no joy. Fans power up on CPU and graphics card but nothing on the monitor. After I changed a few things the RAM no longer lights up, and the computer now appears to be stuck in a boot cycle.

Anyone have any bright ideas?

My specs are:
Node 804
Corsair v650 gold
Ryzen 3600
Stock cooler (for now, just wanted to get things working)
32GB of G skill 3600mhz RAM Trident Z
Asrock x470 ITX ac
I’ve tried both my Vega 64 and GTX 980 graphics card and both power on but doesn’t change result

I did notice on the RAM that it said x570, not x470, is this memory incompatible with the motherboard? I’m new to DDR4 RAM and its requirements.

Thanks for your help!!

Sep 6, 2019
Motherboard says Summit Ridge, Raven Ridge, Pinnacle Ridge... I’ve been out of the scene for a bit so I’m not sure what processors those are.

Not sure how to update the BIOS if I can boot either?

Thanks for the response!!

Sep 6, 2019
Should work then.

Make sure the monitor is plugged into your gpu.
Try booting on 1 stick of ram and make sure the cou has no bent pins.

The corsair vs650 isnt the best. Do you have ankther osu to test with?

I tried the 1 stick of RAM method but I’ll try again, I also have an SFX PSU I purchased as I am planning on moving this into an ITX enclosure later on. I’ll try that. Though I had no issues with this power supply in a previous build, which is what I pulled out of the case to install this. Worth a shot though.

Any other ideas? Does the fact that it is now repeatedly power cycling indicate anything?

TRENDING THREADS