2nd external hard drive not recognized by Windows

xjokru

Commendable
Oct 1, 2016
!!Setup below!!
Today I bought and tried to plug in a seagate expansion plus 4TB external HDD. At first it didn't show up in the file explorer, but did in device manager, with a yellow triangle, saying it needs troubleshooting. The automatic troubeshooting however didn't do anything.
The drive works with another PC.
I then changed the device manager settings for the drive a little to try to get it to work. No luck. Instead I got a bootloop, even with the drive unplugged.
In the bootloop bsod the Windows stopcode was BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO
and autorepair fails in the advanced startup failed.

Okay, bootloop fixed with system restore to two days ago

The drive still doesn't work though, could it have something to do with my other external drive?
Any help? Why does it not work?

Full setup:
CPU: Intel Core i5-4440
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060-6GB
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
HDD: WD Blue 1TB (2012)
USB: TOSHIBA External USB 3.0 1TB
RAM: Hynix HMT451U6AFR8C-PB 2x4GB
MBD: Acer Predator G3-605

Edit: . Sorry for the "rushed" original post, trying to pretty up now.

xjokru

Commendable
Oct 1, 2016

Crud sorry, that was the bootloop bsod stopcode, the drive still doesn't work even though the bootloop is fixed.

xjokru

Commendable
Oct 1, 2016
Apparently on mobile I can't quote or reply or whatever.

I tried updating all drivers under "USB-Controllers" my PC is in Finnish so I'm not sure if those were the right ones

xjokru

Commendable
Oct 1, 2016
Updating the driver doesn't do anything. Uninstalling or disabling the hard drive causes dm to go "not responding" for a very long time, after which I often just close it.

xjokru

Commendable
Oct 1, 2016
In the old pc, no difference the seagate drive caused a crash either way. But ill just reset the old drive with the old pc and be done with it. Just got the new one.