2nd hard drive not found in Windows 8

Nicholas Snider

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
I have just done a factory restore on my windows 8 machine and now it won't find the second hard drive. The primary ssd drive is on sata0 and the secondary 1TB drive is on sata1. There is also a dvd drive on sata3. These are all found in the bios and it is also set to IHCP. The drive shows up in device manager but not disk management. I have updated the drivers for the hard drive and it still won't show in disk management. It is a Seagate hard drive so I downloaded Sea Tools and it won't even find it. Have also tried different sata ports and different sata cables with same results. Any other ideas? I don't think the drive is bad since it was working before the factory restore so I'm thinking that it is something inside of windows 8. Thanks.

Solution

atulmaniya

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013

Refer to this thread... it might help.
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1633025/secondary-internal-hard-drive-found-windows-formatting-computer.html

Solution

brarboy

Honorable
i hope you are also connecting psu cable to your hdd, not just connecting it by sata cable :D
if nothing works, plug out your hdd. Fresh install your OS and install all the mobo drivers and update them. Then try connecting your hdd to your sata port. Go to disk management and check if you see your drive there(it can be like unallocated space or maybe showing with volumes that you previously created)?

TRENDING THREADS