[SOLVED] 2nd monitor buttons broken, my windows stuck in there as last known position

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
so help me out please, my second monitor seems like its buttons (including power button as well) did broken and unresponsive so I cannot start the monitor (I always turn off powers at night) when I boot up this morning the computer first one works thats how I write here sadly though my LG brand one either buttons related problem or she completed her lifespan, kinda interesting I never did saw a monitor went broken like that. so my Task Manager and Control Panel is on that monitor so I cannot access it because it is black screen no power. How do I fix/reset to default positions of my open windows? I used Task Manager in second monitor so its the last known position is there,

How do I fix this? Thank you

Solution
So you have 2 monitors? Then use Win key+P to bring multimonitor options and change setup to just one monitor, then all programs that were open on second monitor will move to the main one (you may need to set up the working monitor as main before you do that if it is as secondary now).
So you have 2 monitors? Then use Win key+P to bring multimonitor options and change setup to just one monitor, then all programs that were open on second monitor will move to the main one (you may need to set up the working monitor as main before you do that if it is as secondary now).

Solution

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019

That did it, thanks! good to know this was easy to fix,

Reactions: DRagor