Question 2nd Monitor doesn't work

Jun 19, 2019
I recently bought a new pendisplay, which literally functions as a 2nd screen with a touchpanel
now everytime I try to connect it it doesn't work (watch the video) it just flickers and I cant do anything unless I plug it

Monitor : AcerXZ271(DP)
Pendisplay: XPen Artist 12 (HDMI)

It didn't work before because the tablet is a few days old

haven't tried with other hardware

I do think I installed the right drivers
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Noo2NXhD04g

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Make and model(s) for the displays/monitors?

What video connections are being used: DVI, HDMI, DP.....?

Did it work before and has now just stopped working? Or has it never worked?

Have you tried the pen display on another known working computer?

Are you sure that the correct drivers are installed? If so, download again, reinstall, and reconfigure.

The existing drivers may be corrupted.

Jun 19, 2019
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Make and model(s) for the displays/monitors?

What video connections are being used: DVI, HDMI, DP.....?

Did it work before and has now just stopped working? Or has it never worked?

Have you tried the pen display on another known working computer?

Are you sure that the correct drivers are installed? If so, download again, reinstall, and reconfigure.

The existing drivers may be corrupted.

Updated!

Ralston18

Titan
As I understand it all, Windows 10 is seeing the usual monitor (display device) and then the Pendisplay (2nd monitor) which is both an input device and a display device.

Unless the Pendisplay drivers do something to help Windows 10 "reconcile" the confusion dealing with the dual (input & display) function then problems are likely.

Apparently Duplicate mode is being successfully addressed. However you can only "input" on the Pendisplay duplicate monitor - correct?

However the dual nature of the Pendisplay( input device and output device) configuration is not addressed when Extended mode is set up.

Not sure how configuring half of an extended display as input would work out per se. There would need to be applicable code/and drivers in place along with the required video connections.

I did find the following link (reddit):

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/ArtistLounge/comments/ahui9g/xp_pen_artist_12_no_signal_on_windows_10/

There still seems to be things you can try.....

Jun 19, 2019
Yes that is correct. If I have the screen mode on duplicate it shows on both monitor and pendisplay and works just as expected
But if I try to set it to expand the bug and flicker from that Video occur and I am not able do do anything against it unless I set it to duplicate again

And that reddit Link isn't really what I''m looking for because they don't get a signal at all where I on the other hand do get a signal but it just flickers all over the place

Rightnow I'm not sure what I could do to set it to expand because I tried on my laptop and it has the same problem
Duplicate - funtions ; Expand - flickers

Last edited: