Question 2nd Monitor has stopped working after installed multi-desktop tool program

Aug 14, 2019
I installed this tool because some games I was playing were not locking the cursor to my screen and I was scrolling up and down on my 2nd monitor. Upon installing and launching the program, my 2nd monitor just stopped displaying any input. I have tried switching cable, reinstalling video drivers, using that cable for another monitor. I'm not able to test my monitor on another system, but it turns on and displays "no input" or "DVI/VGA" messages as normal.

I have uninstalled the program entirely, but hoping I don't need to perform an entire reinstall of windows to fix the issue. Does anyone have any idea why this program stopped my monitor from being picked up? And what I could do to reset it?

You do realize that about 25% of the applications on Sourceforge are infected with adware, bloatware or malware, right?

There should not EVER be any need to install such a tool unless you are running some kind of very old operating system, and probably not even then.

What are your full hardware specifications including the OS version and build version? (Start, run , "winver" without the quotes, hit enter)

I would start with a full malware and virus scan, using whatever you have installed. Windows defender, Malwarebytes, whatever.

Right click the desktop, select Display settings, enable the second monitor again.

Aug 14, 2019
Thanks rgd1101 but as I said I have tried reinstalling drivers multiple times.

Darkbreeze thanks for the advice, I failed to mention I already do regular scans on my PC and I'm usually pretty aware of dodgy downloads. The tool had come previously well reviewed by someone I knew online who had no issues with the program whatsoever. I've googled this issue with this program and no one has this same issue.
The monitor is not being recognized by my computer at all, I cannot enable the monitor (that's the first thing I tried :p)

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit (10.0, Build 18362) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
System Model: MS-7B79
BIOS: Default System BIOS (type: BIOS)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor (12 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8140MB RAM
Page File: 12277MB used, 10258MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

TRENDING THREADS