Patrick_DKKK

Honorable
Dec 20, 2015
Hi. So i recently bought 2 hdmi cables, and they work, but not on my second monitor. I used a vga before, but my new motherboard dont support more than 1, so i had to use HDMI. And iturns out it doesn't work, and my monitor is turned on but it shows no signal.

What i've tried:

Tried another HDMI
Switched to HDMI on the monitor settings
Updated grahpic card
Putting pc monitors to extend (windows key + p)
tried forcing windows to detect my monitor.

None of these things worked, and not i am kinda annoyed by it. Can anyone help me?

Solution
I prefer an actual cable rather than an adapter, but if that's an DisplayPort to HDMI adapter (can't see it due to the cookie popup), then yes.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
ASUS makes a number of GTX 1070Ti graphic cards. Are you trying to connect the second display via the motherboard? If so, that may not work. You'd be better served connecting both displays to the graphic card outputs. If they are both connected to the graphic card outputs and your not getting a signal on the second display, we'd need to know which ASUS GTX 1070Ti you have.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: Grobe

Patrick_DKKK

Honorable
Dec 20, 2015
ASUS makes a number of GTX 1070Ti graphic cards. Are you trying to connect the second display via the motherboard? If so, that may not work. You'd be better served connecting both displays to the graphic card outputs. If they are both connected to the graphic card outputs and your not getting a signal on the second display, we'd need to know which ASUS GTX 1070Ti you have.

-Wolf sends
I am connecting my main monitor with a VGA to the graphic card output, and with the HDMI i also connect that to the out on the graphic card. I used a VGA to my 2nd monitor as well before, but my new motherboard doesn't support vga.

My graphic card is:
ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 Ti ROG Strix

Wolfshadw

Titan
If you connect both displays to the graphics card, then it doesn't matter what the motherboard supports.

From what I can tell, both of your displays support HDMI. Your GTX 1070Ti has two HDMI outputs. Using only two HDMI cables, connect each display to the HDMI outputs of the graphics card. You do not need to connect either display to the motherboard outputs.

-Wolf sends

Patrick_DKKK

Honorable
Dec 20, 2015
If you connect both displays to the graphics card, then it doesn't matter what the motherboard supports.

From what I can tell, both of your displays support HDMI. Your GTX 1070Ti has two HDMI outputs. Using only two HDMI cables, connect each display to the HDMI outputs of the graphics card. You do not need to connect either display to the motherboard outputs.

-Wolf sends
Even when i plug in my hdmi cable to the grahpic card it still doesn't work, it just says no signal. I even tried using hdmi to both of my monitors, but still the same my 2nd monitor says no signal.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Ok.
With both displays connected to the graphics card HDMI outputs, let's go into the NVidia Control Panel. Under the Display Tree in the left side panel, click on Set up multiple displays.
Example:

image.png

Do you see both of your displays connected?

-Wolf sends

Patrick_DKKK

Honorable
Dec 20, 2015
Ok.
With both displays connected to the graphics card HDMI outputs, let's go into the NVidia Control Panel. Under the Display Tree in the left side panel, click on Set up multiple displays.
Example:

image.png

Do you see both of your displays connected?

-Wolf sends
No i didn't see both, so i tried restarting my pc and the my main monitor didn't wanna work properly, i saw it loading but after the loading sign it was just black. I pulled out my the hdmi cable, and then restarted my pc 3 times until my main monitor started working again.

Wolfshadw

Titan
I'm wondering that the card's web page does seem to go on about having HDMI ports for ease of VR. Does that mean you can only use both HDMI outputs if one is connected to a VR Headset? I know it sounds ridiculous, but stranger things have happened. Alternately, if you had a DVI to HDMI cable, you could try that as well, but if you have to purchase one, then stick with DP to HDMI.

-Wolf sends

Patrick_DKKK

Honorable
Dec 20, 2015
I'm wondering that the card's web page does seem to go on about having HDMI ports for ease of VR. Does that mean you can only use both HDMI outputs if one is connected to a VR Headset? I know it sounds ridiculous, but stranger things have happened. Alternately, if you had a DVI to HDMI cable, you could try that as well, but if you have to purchase one, then stick with DP to HDMI.

-Wolf sends
Would i need to buy this one?

https://www.av-cables.dk/displaypor...HkKCQdOJnQwJ4tkX5xpCDs0loTcUw90waAh5REALw_wcB

TRENDING THREADS