Question 2nd Monitor not showing in Windows 10 Display setting, but does on Catalyst Control Center

Dec 5, 2023
I have a AMD Radeon HD 6750 with two monitors plugged in (HDMI & DVI) and they were working fine. Then one monitor stopped having a signal. I thought the cable might be bad, so I changed the cable and it still didn't work. In Windows 10 Display settings it was only showing one monitor. Then, When I unplugged the DVI cable from the card, the HDMI monitor came on with the screen that had been on the DVI monitor. Then if I plug the DVI back in, the DVI monitor comes on and the HDMI monitor goes off.

If i go to AMD Catalyst Control Center, I can turn on the Eyefinity multiple display and then both monitors work. But, it is slightly different than the Windows 10 multi display, it keeps putting windows right in the middle of the two screens and it is hard to see and it doesn't have a task bar on both windows, just one. Why would the Windows 10 Display not detect the second monitor but the Catalyst Control center does?

Lutfij

Titan
Why would the Windows 10 Display not detect the second monitor but the Catalyst Control center does?
Bug/glitch with the OS and/or the drivers for your GPU. Do you have any updates pending for your OS?! BIOS version up to date on your motherboard?

I would use DDU, to remove your GPU drivers, then manually reinstall with the latest GPU drivers meant for your GPU sourced off of AMD's support site.

TRENDING THREADS