[SOLVED] 2nd Monitor not working

Jan 31, 2022
Currently i have two monitors, one connected by hdmi and one connected by vga. When i turn my pc on, the one connect by vga shows the booting into windows part then goes black and switches to the one connect to hdmi. After switching and booting into windows, the vga one doesn't work and goes into sleep mode. I've tried alot of options it barely did anything, Is there a way to fix this?

pc specs: (idk if this will help)
Ryzen 3 3200g
Radeon Vega 8
Adata XPG Gammix D10 2X8gb DDR4 3200mhz
AsRock B450M HDV R4.0
Toshiba 1TB 7200RPM HDD

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Unlikely. You'd need an active adapter that can convert the digital signal from your graphics card to the analog signal that your monitor can understand. Many adapters out there claim to do it, but most don't.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
More than likely, your motherboard can only display via either analog (VGA) or digital (DVI/HDMI) but not both at the same time. If you want to use dual monitors, use the DVI-D output to a digital input on your second display.

If you're not sure, please provide us with the model numbers of the displays you are attempting to use.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: Nighthawk117
Jan 31, 2022
More than likely, your motherboard can only display via either analog (VGA) or digital (DVI/HDMI) but not both at the same time. If you want to use dual monitors, use the DVI-D output to a digital input on your second display.

If you're not sure, please provide us with the model numbers of the displays you are attempting to use.

-Wolf sends

My 2nd monitor only has VGA, will it work if i buy an Dvi-d to vga adapter?

Wolfshadw

Titan
Unlikely. You'd need an active adapter that can convert the digital signal from your graphics card to the analog signal that your monitor can understand. Many adapters out there claim to do it, but most don't.

-Wolf sends

Solution