[SOLVED] 2nd monitor question

Jun 10, 2020
Hello, im having trouble with setting up a second monitor and i wanted an opinion on what im planning on doing. i recently upgraded my monitor so ive had the old one just lying around and now im considering using it as a second monitor for streaming as a window for the chat and OBS when doing PC games (im not planning on getting the PS4 set up for it)

the problem is that the new monitor only has two inputs HDMI and Display port. while the old monitor has DVI and HDMI.
I have tried to hook up the 2nd monitor directly to my G card, but it is unresponsive and undetected by windows 10, so i have a plan to buy a display port to HDMI converter and hook it into the old monitor. i figured i should ask prior to see if im just not thinking straight. i have included a little drawing to show the layout i was planning. image

Solution
Hdmi doesn't support daisy chaining. There shouldn't be a reason for it to not work when connected to the gpu directly. Certain models of the 1070 have had issues with dead ports so try one monitor to test each port.
Jun 10, 2020
Hdmi doesn't support daisy chaining. There shouldn't be a reason for it to not work when connected to the gpu directly. Certain models of the 1070 have had issues with dead ports so try one monitor to test each port.
thank you for the info, ill keep that in mind for the future. turns out the reason plugging directly into the GPU didn't work was because the HDMI cable i used was ready for retirement.