2nd monitor using a DVI adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwalton2

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
I have Radeon HD 6670 GPU and two VGA monitors. Whichever monitor I hook up to the VGA port off the GPU works just fine. But neither of them will work through the adapter to the DVI. Do I need a DVI monitor for this to work?

Solution
That card supports only one simultaneous VGA monitor - be it through DVI - VGA adapter or VGA port. You cannot use two VGA monitors with that card.

monoproelio

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
I don't have enough information to say for sure, but check if the monitor is DVI digital or not. If it is DVI Digital you make not have the right adapter to use a vga output through your graphics card. Hope we can help you! God bless!

dwalton2

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
I really appreciate your help. I have been spending hours looking through forums and manuals.

As far as I know it is DVI-I dual link. And if I'm not mistaken that means it will take analog input. Windows will recognize whichever monitor is plugged in to the VGA slot on the GPU. It's the same story with the AMD catalyst control center. I have updated to the latest AMD catalyst driver and even the drivers for the monitors. I'm at a loss.

monoproelio

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
That's rather strange. I am assuming all you are getting is a blank monitor? Don't mean to ask silly questions, but did u hit "extend my display to this monitor" in your screen resolution properties?

dwalton2

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
Thank you all for your help. I thought that because the DVI port was DVI-I it would support analog somehow. Too bad. Off to get a DVI monitor. Thank you everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.