2nd monitor won't display

ethan1

Reputable
Aug 18, 2015
My computer picks up my 2nd monitor and it is connected, but it is just a black screen. It is using HDMI to HDMI. And I have tried looking this up but no one seems to have the EXACT problem I am having. Right before using this monitor I was using another one that was HDMI and it worked perfectly for 2 screens. But today I switched monitors with my dad and now this doesn't work. His worked on his computer as just one, but instead of HDMI like i'm using now he used VGA. I would use that but I would need a VGA to DMI and I would rather use HDMI if I have the option which obviously I do because my previous monitor worked.

ethan1

Reputable
Aug 18, 2015
8GB ram
i7-4790k
MSI Radeon R9 285

Like I said it was previously working with the other monitor with hdmi and I am actually using the same hdmi cord too.

ethan1

Reputable
Aug 18, 2015
It is a Broksonic tv, and the cards hdmi is fine I just quickly switched my dads monitor over with hdmi to my pc to check and his works fine on my computer as a second monitor this one just wont work. I still do not know what to do.

4745454b

Titan
So no motherboard info, no model number for the 285, no model number for the TV. It's ok, I like guessing.

You've pretty much done everything I can think of, short of looking up info online which I can't do because I don't know what you have. Maybe update driver? If the cards HDMI port works and the TV works on a different setup perhaps there is a setting in the drivers stopping it from working. No clue what it is. Good luck in finding it.