2nd Monitor won't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sven Mesihovic

Reputable
Jul 29, 2015
Just got windows 10 and my second monitor isn't being detected when it clearly is plugged in. I'm assuming this is a problem with my drivers for my graphics card, but when I tried to open the GeForce experience it said that it (the GeForce experience) failed to install/ I tried downloading the drivers without the GeForce experience but that also said it failed to install. also the Nvidia control panel won't open for some reason. Please help. I have a gtx760 if that helps at all.

Solution
Hmm, my second monitor was immediately detected when updating through Geforce Experience.
Try using the official CD from the GTX760, that worked for me. It'll be probably slightly outdated but it will get your second monitor working and you can update from Gefroce Experience.

If all fails, try completely uninstalling all gfx drivers with this: Driver uninstaller
And installing new drivers freshly.

xmax

Honorable
Dec 17, 2013
Hmm, my second monitor was immediately detected when updating through Geforce Experience.
Try using the official CD from the GTX760, that worked for me. It'll be probably slightly outdated but it will get your second monitor working and you can update from Gefroce Experience.

If all fails, try completely uninstalling all gfx drivers with this: Driver uninstaller
And installing new drivers freshly.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.