[SOLVED] 2nd router wont work after power failure and power restoration

Dec 19, 2020
Hello folks,new guy to this forum. I have a question someone might be able to answer.I live in a house on the water on long Island New York. My dock is 300 feet from the house. I ran an ethernet cable to the dock and set up a second router as a hotspot for my ARLO cams which require wifi to operate. Everything works fine until we have an occasional power failure.When power is restored or even if I turn the power off and then back on by myself,the wifi wont work again until,after driving me nuts for a few days,I found that I have to go to the house router and unplug the ethernet cord that goes to the dock from the house router and plug it back in,then everything works fine until the next power failure. The lights that blink where the ethernet cord that goes to the second router dont blink until I unplug and replug the cord back in at the house router. Anybody have any thoughts as to what could be wrong. I live in Florida for 3 months during the winter and if the power goe out during that time,I have no cameras until I return home. HELP Dan

Solution
Apparently, the power outage is somehow corrupting the device function and that is only resolved by the process that you use. The easiest fix is to avoid the outage. Alternately, you could try a new pair of routers but that may not fix the problem.

Are the routers reasonably new models, like AC1900 range, and of good quality (not like a TrendNet or TP-Link, which I use for APs but are not as sturdy as a good ASUS or Netgear)?

RealBeast

Titan
Apparently, the power outage is somehow corrupting the device function and that is only resolved by the process that you use. The easiest fix is to avoid the outage. Alternately, you could try a new pair of routers but that may not fix the problem.

Are the routers reasonably new models, like AC1900 range, and of good quality (not like a TrendNet or TP-Link, which I use for APs but are not as sturdy as a good ASUS or Netgear)?

Solution
Dec 19, 2020

The house router is a brand new Cablevision router only and the dock is a Buffalo WHR-1166D Version 2.10 router only.

TRENDING THREADS