Question 2nd ssd nvme - gaming performance?

Sep 8, 2020
Hi, I wonder if I add a second ssd nvme in my Nitro 5 (which has two slots), will there be a noticable difference in performance in gaming compared to the ssd, which the OS is on? In other words, if games and OS are on different SSDs, does it matter or is the speed the same? Thank you!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If the OS is on one SSD while the games/game library is on another, there's a chance that the loading times for your games will be better. Might I ask what games you're taxing your laptop?

FYI, always make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your platform prior to any hardware upgrades.

Sep 8, 2020
Im sorry, did you say load times will be better? To answer your questions: in my case I care mostly about a specific game - Arma 3 and not necessarily load times, but smooth frames. I used to play it from the hdd and it was laggy as hell. Once I added ssd the difference was night and day, but of course I had my OS migrated to it (I was adviced to do so.) Now I want a bigger ssd and I wonder do I just leave the old one and add new without migrating - will it perform the same? What will be the transfer data speed between the two. Also here is my laptop: Nitro 5 AN515-54-74U0

TRENDING THREADS