[SOLVED] 2nd Video card question

Dec 4, 2020
My Motherboard is an Asus Z170-AR
My graphics card is a Geforce GTX 750 TI
Windows 10

I bought a new Video Card today , it is a Geforce GTX 1650 Super OC 4GB GDD6

My intention was to just take out the old video card and then put in the new one. I wanted to run 2 monitors on the same card. What I didnt realize is that the motherboard had 2 more pci slots for a video card. So I put the new video card in one slot and the old one in another. I started up my computer , running windows 10.

I opened up GEforce Experience software and it downloaded the latest driver.. Not sure which driver it downloaded, maybe they are the same drivers for both cards? I dunno.. anyway... after that I opened Nvidia Geforce Control panel and in here is where I get confused and my main question... 3D settings, Configure surround, Physx. The Physx setting seems to be configured to the 750 ti , My gtx 1650 super is also listed on there.
My First Question,
Do i need to set it the gtx 1650 super?
I dont even know what Physx was. I only play Dungeons and Dragons Online an MMO game. I wanted to have a second monitor so I can stream my game on Twitch.

My second Question.. I had no idea that my old Geforce 750 ti video card could be in there also. Can I just hook up my second monitor to that.. That way my games that I play go to the Geforce 1650 super, and my twitch stream can go to the Geforce 750 ti?

I dont even know how a game will know which video card to use? I havent hooked up my second monitor yet.. I was waiting until I can get some information, if what I am doing is something that can even be done. I will be curious to see what happens when I hook a monitor up to the 750 ti and load a game.

My Third Question
Is it redundant to have the second video card in there? I can hook up 2 monitors to the geforce 1650 super, but If I am going to stream , cant that be dedicated to the 750 ti while my gaming is dedicated to the 1650 super? Im lost, hope someone can help

Thank you

Also is there other settings I need to be checking doing all of this? not sure if you need to change settings do other stuff.

Grogerian

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The fact that you're aiming for entry level gaming cards indicates to me that your PSU is on the low end side. If so, please keep in mind that having more than one GPU will mean higher power draw as opposed to having one discrete GPU.

To add, I'd just stick with the GTX1650, over the GTX750Ti, you're advised to have the single most powerful GPU in your system.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The fact that you're aiming for entry level gaming cards indicates to me that your PSU is on the low end side. If so, please keep in mind that having more than one GPU will mean higher power draw as opposed to having one discrete GPU.

To add, I'd just stick with the GTX1650, over the GTX750Ti, you're advised to have the single most powerful GPU in your system.

Solution
Dec 4, 2020
Thank you so much for the reply. I did hook up the second monitor before reading this.. I opened the Ge-force Control panel and went to settings.. I put a screen shot up on imgBB
https://ibb.co/jG045FX looks like that website is having issues. I did a different place to upload screen shot https://pasteboard.co/JDqunMj.png

It is a shame that I cant dedicate the 1650 to gaming and the 750 to streaming. When i started up computer it did an extended windows display automatically. the 750 ti seems to be the 2nd screen while the 1650 is the main screen.

One of my IT friends had just told me that new video card is more than enough powerful to play my game and stream. So why tax the power supply and system with a video card that really isnt needed.. Makes sense.

Thank you

Dec 4, 2020
Well there is an issue.. SO i took out the 750 ti and have just the 1650 in there. I ran my main screen HDMI to HDMI on video card. My 2nd monitor I have running HDMI from monitor to Display port on video card (using adapter) The issue now is the 2nd monitor will only run in the resolution of 640x480. I can not change the resolution either , it is greyed out. This is really frustrating. . I dont know if the only other option is to get a DVI cable and run from monitor to the DVI port on video card if that will make a difference. Just something doesnt seem right.

Try using DDU to remove all the GPU drivers. To me it sounds like you have both the drivers for the 750ti installed, and the drivers for the 1650. You also did not download a 1650 driver, the PC just auto-downloaded one. Both of these drivers should be removed, and afterwards, you need to go to the Nvidia website and manually install the latest drivers for the 1650.

Dec 4, 2020
Try using DDU to remove all the GPU drivers. To me it sounds like you have both the drivers for the 750ti installed, and the drivers for the 1650. You also did not download a 1650 driver, the PC just auto-downloaded one. Both of these drivers should be removed, and afterwards, you need to go to the Nvidia website and manually install the latest drivers for the 1650.

Thank you. I thought something was just wrong with the display port. I even used a single monitor hooked up to it and it just wouldnt recognize either monitor. So what I did was get a cord that goes from video card out DVI to monitor HDMI in and now both monitors work fine. As for drivers I used the Geforce experience to download latest drivers. I looked at the DDU program, but I was afraid to use it because I didnt want to mess anything up.. If there is a way to just wipe video drivers only and not all the other stuff, then I will still try it.