2TB Crucial MX300 SSD Coming Soon For $550

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicofehr

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
Been waiting for a 2TB SSD before I switch from HDD. I want all my steam games (500GB+ installed ATM) on it for fast loading as well as windows and all my software. I want everything to be faster. Of course I will continue to use HDD for backup and archival as it makes no sense to use a SSD for that unless quick access is required which isn't applicable to me personally.

natedawg72

Honorable
Oct 15, 2012
Well those are the reviews for the whole product series, including the other capacities that are available for purchase. I'd bet nearly all (if not all) of those reviews are for the other capacities.

Regardless I'd agree it's a bad review system. It's nice to see total average reviews across a product series/family, but not at the cost of loosing the ability to quickly see reviews for just the one product.

dstarr3

Distinguished

It will always be cheaper to buy something smaller. At no point are 2TB and 1TB SSDs going to cost the same. If you keep saying things like "I'll wait until next year when they're cheaper," you're going to spend your entire life getting nothing done.

Rhinofart

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
I think I'm going to get 1 of these, migrate my 2 x 1TB Samsung EVOs in RAID 0 over to this, and put my 1TBs as my VM_OS & SQL disks in my ESXi NAS. That way I can retire my "Ageing" 512GB SSDs I'm currently using in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.