2TB Firecuda not shown in BIOS

bork000

Prominent
Feb 22, 2018
Hello everyone, after countless hours of googling to find my answer I have yet to find one that resolves my issue with my brand new 2TB firecuda SSHD and it not showing up in my BIOS or windows. I used the same cables as my previous WD 1TB black HDD which worked fine up until it started to fail on me. I've tried different SATA ports on my motherboard, even different cables, different power cables, updating drivers on my motherboard, even downloaded seatools and the diskwizard which both are not able to detect the sshd. This is my secondary drive with my C: being an adata 256gb SSD for my OS which can be seen by both BIOS and windows. I am running out of options and it's looking like a faulty drive to me but I would like to try some more steps before determining that. Please help me and I appreciate your help in advance.

Solution
Hey bork000, sorry to hear you're having trouble with your drive. Have you attempted to initialize and format the drive? If not, you can find instructions in our Knowledge Base article: How to Format Your Hard Drive.

If that doesn't work, you may want to try downloading the SeaTools for DOS version, sometimes it has better luck seeing a drive when the OS is having trouble with it. If you're still not able to get it seen and working, then you might need to seek RMA. You can find our Warranty Validation Tool here. You can also get in touch directly with Seagate Support if needed.

bork000

Prominent
Feb 22, 2018

Thank you for your help, there is something that appears in my disk management window that is a cd rom for seagate. Is this the SeaTools for DOS program? I did just upgrade my motherboard along with other things and it is still unable to be seen. I will try to use the sata cables that came with the motherboard to see if maybe I got a defective cable (although they are less than 6 months old) and hopefully that will fix it.

SeaTools for DOS is a version of the program (both are free) that you download via the left top panel on the SeaTools link above. Sometimes it's just a little better than the Windows version at spotting drives that are having trouble. Swapping the SATA cable and also trying a different SATA port on your motherboard are also good steps to try. If you've got another computer available, trying in that would also be a good troubleshooting step.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS