Question 2TB Hard Disk issue cannot turn on after a few of secs turning pc on

Jan 18, 2022
Hi, can anyone help me with this random computer issuw i got since yesterday? I was using my PC liie normally and then the HDD started making strange noises so I turned off the PC and then the next day i turned it on, the HDD turned on but after a couple of seconds it turned off and it's just kept like that everytime i turn my pc on, I wanted to see the problem by disassembling rhe hard disk, I rly didnt touch anything, just disassembled it and then connected it back to the pc like that, the disc looks new 0 scratched, but what i think is failing is the needle im not sure tho cause im not expert in this, it moves three times while the disc rotates, and then after movind the third time above the dics, the hdd turns off completely, I would like someone to tell me what the problem is, if they need more information of tje hdd I will provide it, I have a lot of information there i cant lose, i'd appreciate any help, theres a vid i got of it working while turning the pc on

https://streamable.com/zm0cfc

Hi, can anyone help me with this random computer issuw i got since yesterday? I was using my PC liie normally and then the HDD started making strange noises so I turned off the PC and then the next day i turned it on, the HDD turned on but after a couple of seconds it turned off and it's just kept like that everytime i turn my pc on, I wanted to see the problem by disassembling rhe hard disk, I rly didnt touch anything, just disassembled it and then connected it back to the pc like that, the disc looks new 0 scratched, but what i think is failing is the needle im not sure tho cause im not expert in this, it moves three times while the disc rotates, and then after movind the third time above the dics, the hdd turns off completely, I would like someone to tell me what the problem is, if they need more information of tje hdd I will provide it, I have a lot of information there i cant lose, i'd appreciate any help, theres a vid i got of it working while turning the pc on

If it wasn't scrap before it's scrap now that you have opened it.
Contact a data recovery house and have a chat.
Expect big bucks.

It's much cheaper to just recover the data from your backup

Jan 24, 2022

Unfortunately you ruined any chance at being able to recover data yourself or attempt some basic troubleshooting when you removed the cover to look at the internals. Once you removed the screws you introduced dust as well as (most models, cant see the arm in enough detail on yours) removed the torque screw for the arm (correct my terminology someone). Your only option, as mentioned above is to contact a data recovery business. You need to make sure you mention that you already corrupted the internal environment by removing the cover. You are probably looking at hundreds, if not thousands to get data recovered from that drive. For future reference, make sure you back up your data.