[SOLVED] 2TB HDD couldn't be detected when 1TB HDD is connected

Oct 28, 2019
I have this weird problem with my newly bought 2TB HDD. I was able to plugged it on other PC in the office to check if it's working and when I got home to install it on my personal PC my 2TB HDD couldn't be detected in my system. Upon testing and troubleshooting,I found out that if I remove my 1TB HDD and plugged my 2TB, it just works fine and shows in file explorer.
my boot priority is my SSD 120gb Kingston and have 1 spare 320GB HDD.
Any idea on what is going on with my pc?
your answer is much appreciated. Thank you!

MOBO: B150m Pro4

Solution
When you say the other drive isn't being detected, is that in the BIOS or in Windows?

If Windows then possibly they have the same drive letter stored and windows only shows you one of them.
Open disk Management and reassign the letters you want to the drives. Rt click on the partition of the drive in the lower section of disk management and select Change Drive Letters and Paths
Try to give the old drive the same letter it had in the past.

For example, when plugged into a work PC, it may have given the the drive D:
Plugging it in at home where D: is already taken, it only shows you one of the two in file explorer.

popatim

Titan
When you say the other drive isn't being detected, is that in the BIOS or in Windows?

If Windows then possibly they have the same drive letter stored and windows only shows you one of them.
Open disk Management and reassign the letters you want to the drives. Rt click on the partition of the drive in the lower section of disk management and select Change Drive Letters and Paths
Try to give the old drive the same letter it had in the past.

For example, when plugged into a work PC, it may have given the the drive D:
Plugging it in at home where D: is already taken, it only shows you one of the two in file explorer.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS