[SOLVED] 2TB Seagate Expansion drive stopped working on 65 in samsung tv....

execpro22

Reputable
Apr 12, 2016
I have a 2TB Seagate expansion drive model# SRD0NF1. I have it plugged into the USB port on my 65 in Samsung model # UN65MU6500. I have been watching movies fine on it for the past week. All of a sudden when I go to view it on my TV it is really slow and just shows an infinite loading screen like it's still trying to find the files. it never finds them no matter how long I wait. When I plug it into my PC it boots up fine and quick. No issue, but if I try to view it on my tv it doesn't work. I also plugged it into my 65in Hicense tv and it worked fine on that. I can watch movies on that fine with the same HD plugged in. Not sure what the issue is all of the sudden. I'm guessing maybe it's a power issue with the HD, but it worked for a week fine so I don't know why it would stop working on that tv all of the sudden. Did anyone deal with anything like this? Any ideas?

Solution
if the drive works fine on your PC and other devices, than it is the TV having the issue not the drive.

i would guess it's either a bad USB port or corrupted TV software.
does the Samsung have more than one USB port?
if so, try each of them.

you can also try a hardware reset on the TV if it is an option.
most newer TVs have this option somewhere in the settings menu.
or possibly just by unplugging it for a certain length of time.
if the drive works fine on your PC and other devices, than it is the TV having the issue not the drive.

if so, try each of them.

Solution

execpro22

Reputable
Apr 12, 2016

if so, try each of them.

Yes. It has 2 USB ports. I tried both and the same issue. I will try a tv hardware reset. Hopefully, that fixes the issue.