News 2TB WD Black Drives Drop as Low as $112 Each in Two-Pack Sale

PlaneInTheSky

Commendable
BANNED
Oct 3, 2022
WD trying 2 for 1 deals. AMD desperately bundling memory and mobo with free games to get stuff out the door. Nvidia with giant stocks of 4000 series.

This is getting pathetic. Cut your prices in half if you want to sell stuff. The crypto and pandemic boom is over.

LastStanding

Prominent
May 5, 2022
Any 1TB drive today is not only almost useless (1 game, 1 musical instrument package, etc. could easily be over 200GiB+) but these OEMSs asking for over $40+ for that thing just seems dumb today.

Reactions: atomicWAR

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
WD trying 2 for 1 deals. AMD desperately bundling memory and mobo with free games to get stuff out the door. Nvidia with giant stocks of 4000 series.

This is getting pathetic. Cut your prices in half if you want to sell stuff. The crypto and pandemic boom is over.

100% They need to start cutting pricing at this point. The whole 4000 series pricing is a joke, I would know I got a 4090 ONLY because Nvidia miraculously priced it so well compared to its other cards performance wise, especially high refresh rate 4K gamers like myself upgrading from RTX 2080 Ti (or any higher end 2000 series card). And I upgraded my whole CPU platform as well to a 7950X though I did get the holiday pricing to be fair. Which I also plan to replace tomorrow 7950X3D and drop my old 7950X in my home server. If I wasn't in a rush to build/finish these computers I would certainly be waiting for more price drops. Hopefully by may or june when I am building my wife's rig things will have course corrected.

Any 1TB drive today is not only almost useless (1 game, 1 musical instrument package, etc. could easily be over 200GiB+) but these OEMSs asking for over $40+ for that thing just seems dumb today.

Yeah I'd like to see the cost come down faster myself as I agree with your assessment on drive usage. I run 10TB (3x 2TB 1x 4TB) of NVMe storage myself aimed mostly at games. That said I do understand the it takes time for these chips to cheapen up. I do hope within two years time you can grab a 4TB SSD for under 180 bucks....

Last edited:

MASOUTH

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
Among Tom's Hardware staffers, the standout deal is the 2TB SN770, a pretty great drive that's selling for $225 for a pair, or $112.50 per drive. (If you just want one, it's $199.99).

a bit of a typo there. Should be $119.00, not $199.99

Fates_Demise

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2015

Yea they arnt gonna take a loss on material and development costs. If stuff doesn't sell they will just drag out launching next gen until it does

TRENDING THREADS