2vga monitor+1 hdmi monitor. Please reply

Nick Verbeek

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2014
I got 2 vga monitors, and 1 29 inch ultrawide monitor. How can i make then all 3 work on my Gtx 970 4 gb

Im confused. the 29 inch has all ports, HDMI, DVI-D, VGA, 2xDisplayPort

How to connect them all on my vid card.?

Solution

If you are using HDMI for your main monitor, there is no need to change this.
The DVI connector that is working is DVI-I. The DVI to VGA adapter you are using here is fine too.
If the 3rd monitor has only a VGA input, you will need an active adapter like the one I linked. This connects to the Displayport output on your GTX 970 and then has a VGA output for your monitor.
You can connect the ultra wide monitor by whatever input it supports, Displayport, DVI or HDMI are all ok. Any of these should support the native resolution of the monitor at 60 Hz.
You can connect one of the VGA monitors to the VGA output.
The other VGA monitor is the hard part. VGA is an analog connection and modern video cards only support one of these. TO connect a second VGA monitor you will need an active adapter for one of your other connections. Displayport is probably the easiest to get and you have two Displayport outputs.
Here is an example:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815242010&cm_re=displayport_to_vga_active_adapter-_-15-242-010-_-Product

Nick Verbeek

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2014
So i put my main monitor to HDMI on my vid card.
Second VGA monitor to DVI plug....
And the third ? DVI-D isnt working with vga. So u say get my main on Display port, 3e screen on the hdmi with the transformer?

If you are using HDMI for your main monitor, there is no need to change this.
The DVI connector that is working is DVI-I. The DVI to VGA adapter you are using here is fine too.
If the 3rd monitor has only a VGA input, you will need an active adapter like the one I linked. This connects to the Displayport output on your GTX 970 and then has a VGA output for your monitor.

Solution

Nick Verbeek

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2014
And the third ? DVI-D isnt working with vga. So u say get my main on Display port, 3e screen on the hdmi with the transformer?

Nick Verbeek

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2014

Nick Verbeek

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2014

Nick Verbeek

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2014
But the grapich card has 1 HDMI 1 Display port and 1 dvi +dvi-d

So i gotta buy a display port cable for the main monitor,
Second monitor goes on the DVI
Third is hdmi to vga converter?

And this will work as a desktop extender?Not that i have the same image on 2 screens

There is a setting in Windows to either show the same thing on all monitors or to extend your desktop across multiple monitors.
You can use a HDMI to HDMI cable for your main monitor.
You can use your existing DVI to VGA adapter and VGA to VGA cable with one VGA monitor.
For the second VGA monitor you need to use a VGA to VGA cable and an active adapter like the one I linked.