2Wire wireless router and dell 8250

ahall

My company provides us with routers for
home use.

I put in a new one yesterday, and hooked
up my machines (by cable, to 3 of the 4
jacks on the router).

My I8100 connected right away, my old
R450 running 98 took a few minutes.

Nothing I did would get the Dim 8250 to
connect. No network address assigned by
the network.

Any ideas?

I put my old router back in, using the
same cables and everything was fine. So
it is not the cable or on board lan connection.

Thanks in advance,
ah

--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell...)

ahall

> My company provides us with routers for
> home use.

> I put in a new one yesterday, and hooked
> up my machines (by cable, to 3 of the 4
> jacks on the router).

> My I8100 connected right away, my old
> R450 running 98 took a few minutes.

> Nothing I did would get the Dim 8250 to
> connect. No network address assigned by
> the network.

> Any ideas?

> I put my old router back in, using the
> same cables and everything was fine. So
> it is not the cable or on board lan connection.

Oddly, it was the cable. Gave up on every thing
else, and. without hope, tried the new cable that
came with the new router and it worked immediately.

Weird.