Question 2x 1440p monitors vs 1060 graphic card.

Dec 6, 2021
Hello, i bought 2 LG ultragear gp850 and i have an Msi 1060 geforce 6GB with i5 6600 intel. Since the gpu prices are really high i am waiting to build a new pc. The monitors are really nice, however i have 1 problem. I know 1060 is a bit of a 1080p card and i bought the monitors for the future. My problem: when i am on twitter or youtube i see the computer(gpu) struggle a bit. Twitter is a white page and you can see its changing colours or atleast the light. Couldnt google this problem, but my question is: Is my 1060 bad for 2x 1440p monitors, i am not gaming on this pc, but it is really annoying. You get the feeling the gpu is loading and loading. After a while you dont see colour/light changing or anything because its done loading. When i scroll twitter it is really visible. Or is it a different issue? Not the cable, because i bought different cables for my standing desk, still same problem. Any ideas ? I am thinking about returning the monitors and buy them again when i build a 3070 game pc. Thank you for your help! Greetings

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
A 1060 should be able to handle two 1440p monitors no problem at all. It’s only if you were to try to run games at 1440p it would struggle, but even then at minimum graphics settings you should still see good FPS.

Your issue I don’t recognise. It sounds like twitter is loading images and showing a white page while it loads? This has more to do with your internet connection speed than anything else…

Dec 6, 2021
A 1060 should be able to handle two 1440p monitors no problem at all. It’s only if you were to try to run games at 1440p it would struggle, but even then at minimum graphics settings you should still see good FPS.

Your issue I don’t recognise. It sounds like twitter is loading images and showing a white page while it loads? This has more to do with your internet connection speed than anything else…

I have 1 gb very solid internet speed. The images and all are loading perfectly, however the white background is changing ever so slightly. The feeling you get is like calibrating the page ? Its hard to explain. But you see constantly the background lighting up and going back to normal. The images/youtubevids are loading really fast, so pretty sure its not the internet.

Ty for fast reply

I have 1 gb very solid internet speed. The images and all are loading perfectly, however the white background is changing ever so slightly. The feeling you get is like calibrating the page ? Its hard to explain. But you see constantly the background lighting up and going back to normal. The images/youtubevids are loading really fast, so pretty sure its not the internet.

Ty for fast reply
If possible record your screen and upload the video so we can see what you mean. I don't recognize the problem as well.

Dec 6, 2021
The whitebackground of lets say Twitter or Youtube is chaning like a couple of times from lighter to darker after a while it stays normal except for youtube, it keeps changing. Its hard to record, doesnt show really well. But i think its gpu related, what do you guys think.

Hello, i bought 2 LG ultragear gp850 and i have an Msi 1060 geforce 6GB with i5 6600 intel. Since the gpu prices are really high i am waiting to build a new pc. The monitors are really nice, however i have 1 problem. I know 1060 is a bit of a 1080p card and i bought the monitors for the future. My problem: when i am on twitter or youtube i see the computer(gpu) struggle a bit. Twitter is a white page and you can see its changing colours or atleast the light. Couldnt google this problem, but my question is: Is my 1060 bad for 2x 1440p monitors, i am not gaming on this pc, but it is really annoying. You get the feeling the gpu is loading and loading. After a while you dont see colour/light changing or anything because its done loading. When i scroll twitter it is really visible. Or is it a different issue? Not the cable, because i bought different cables for my standing desk, still same problem. Any ideas ? I am thinking about returning the monitors and buy them again when i build a 3070 game pc. Thank you for your help! Greetings
Do you see the same thing with just one monitor connected?