Question 2x 3070 ti W/ Evga 850 BQ?

May 24, 2022
Howdy,

So, I recently upgraded to 2x 3070 ti as found some good individual deals. My issue is both 3070 ti require 2x 8pins each - is it possible to power both of these cards (4x dedicated 8pin cables) from this power supply? As far as I can tell there is only a max of 3x 8pin power connectors.

I've heard mixed things about daisy chaining with these cards and ideally they should be dedicated cables. The cables for this PSU only have 8 + 6 pins.

Is there anyway around this or is it time to just upgrade the PSU?

Thanks!

DSzymborski

Titan
I'm in total agreement with the others. There's a reason that it's in Tier C in the tier list ("recommended for cheap mid/low-end systems") hosted in the Power Supplies forum. It's a cheap HEC-made one that has no business powering a 3070 Ti, let alone two of them. HEC, as is usual in the bargain PSUs, did just enough to claim DC-DC and advertise Japanese capacitors (primary only) while cutting corners everywhere, from the archaic double-forward topology to the passive rectification to zero over-temperature protection.

What is the purpose of this system? It would scale for something that can use multiple GPUs, like rendering, but if the idea is gaming, there's no benefit.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS