May 24, 2022
Howdy,

So, I recently upgraded to 2x 3070 ti as found some good individual deals. My issue is both 3070 ti require 2x 8pins each - is it possible to power both of these cards (4x dedicated 8pin cables) from this power supply? As far as I can tell there is only a max of 3x 8pin power connectors.

I've heard mixed things about daisy chaining with these cards and ideally they should be dedicated cables. The cables for this PSU only have 8 + 6 pins.

Is there anyway around this or is it time to just upgrade the PSU?

Thanks!

Solution
For 2x 3070ti, you should be looking at a very good - excellent 1000w to 1200w psu not a budget bronze that's kicking around the bottom of the barrel in quality components.

DSzymborski

Titan
I'm in total agreement with the others. There's a reason that it's in Tier C in the tier list ("recommended for cheap mid/low-end systems") hosted in the Power Supplies forum. It's a cheap HEC-made one that has no business powering a 3070 Ti, let alone two of them. HEC, as is usual in the bargain PSUs, did just enough to claim DC-DC and advertise Japanese capacitors (primary only) while cutting corners everywhere, from the archaic double-forward topology to the passive rectification to zero over-temperature protection.

What is the purpose of this system? It would scale for something that can use multiple GPUs, like rendering, but if the idea is gaming, there's no benefit.