[SOLVED] 2X VS 4X

FurryVengence

Commendable
Jul 26, 2019
Looking to upgrade my memory from 16 GB to 32 GB. Currently I'm sporting 2x 8 GB 2666 MHZ, overall not that thrilled with performance in certain games I can tell I'm having issues with performance. Most games run fine, but a few games leave a bit to be desired with some random micro-stutters. Started looking online at new memory kits, and noticed while also more money, 4x kits tend to be a lot harder to find. 2x are easy to find and are generally cheaper. Will moving from 4 sticks from 2 be a significant enough boost to be worth the extra 40 dollars or so on average I see they tend to cost?

EDIT: I should add I'm also looking to move to 3600 .

Last edited:
Solution
Looking to upgrade my memory from 16 GB to 32 GB. Currently I'm sporting 2x 8 GB 2666 MHZ, overall not that thrilled with performance in certain games I can tell I'm having issues with performance. Most games run fine, but a few games leave a bit to be desired with some random micro-stutters. Started looking online at new memory kits, and noticed while also more money, 4x kits tend to be a lot harder to find. 2x are easy to find and are generally cheaper. Will moving from 4 sticks from 2 be a significant enough boost to be worth the extra 40 dollars or so on average I see they tend to cost?

Most CPUs are dual channel memory controllers. They work best with two DIMMs...

kanewolf

Titan

Most CPUs are dual channel memory controllers. They work best with two DIMMs. They run at the highest RAM clock with two DIMMs. I would recommend getting a 2x16GB kit if you want 32GB. But I doubt memory size is your problem. You could get 2x8GB but higher clock and get the same gaming benefits.

Solution