[SOLVED] 2x2gb Ram sticks but only 3.12gb is available

May 19, 2020
hello everyone i'm using dual channel 4gb ram but my windows is only showing 3.12 ram installed and not 4
Things i tried :
Msconfig unchecking
BIOS memory dedicated to onboard GPU is set to 128mb (lowest possible)
Also my motherboard dosent support memory remapping
I really need help guys here is a Screenshot !!!
thank you <3

Solution
I already have a GPU which is GT 710 and it should free the memory from my integrated card
That doesn't mean the system does not reserve a space of memory for other hardware addressing. The G31 specifications indicate a 4 GB max from using 32 bit addressing.

https://www.intel.com/Assets/PDF/datasheet/317495.pdf
It wouldn't hurt to add a cheap SSD
I'd be kind of on the fence about that for a system that's over 10 years old unless you found something super inexpensive. A minimal investment in something more modern would take him out of the dark ages.

Also would suggest rolling Windows 10 instead of your unpatched Windows 7, @zapas007

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Your cheapest method would be to find a couple of sticks of compatible used RAM. It wouldn't hurt to add a cheap SSD. I wouldn't go high price on that in that your mobo won't support current speeds anyway.

You could possibly add an inexpensive GPU which would free up some of the memory from integrated graphics. This is very dependent on case/build.

Windows 10 is actually a bit better with memory allocation and such than 7. There are some privacy things to turn off, but overall a far better OS if you system will support it.

May 19, 2020
What board is it? Some early C2D chipsets (such as the 965GM) only supported 32 bit addressing even though your CPU could support 64 bit instructions,registers,etc.
My board is ESONIC G31 CEL2 , I already have a GPU which is GT 710 and it should free the memory from my integrated card

May 19, 2020
th
Your cheapest method would be to find a couple of sticks of compatible used RAM. It wouldn't hurt to add a cheap SSD. I wouldn't go high price on that in that your mobo won't support current speeds anyway.

You could possibly add an inexpensive GPU which would free up some of the memory from integrated graphics. This is very dependent on case/build.

Windows 10 is actually a bit better with memory allocation and such than 7. There are some privacy things to turn off, but overall a far better OS if you system will support it.
the case is that i already have a GPU GT 710 so it should be already freeing all the memory

beers

Distinguished
BANNED
Oct 4, 2012
I already have a GPU which is GT 710 and it should free the memory from my integrated card
That doesn't mean the system does not reserve a space of memory for other hardware addressing. The G31 specifications indicate a 4 GB max from using 32 bit addressing.

https://www.intel.com/Assets/PDF/datasheet/317495.pdf
It wouldn't hurt to add a cheap SSD
I'd be kind of on the fence about that for a system that's over 10 years old unless you found something super inexpensive. A minimal investment in something more modern would take him out of the dark ages.

Also would suggest rolling Windows 10 instead of your unpatched Windows 7, @zapas007

Solution