Question 2X8 3200mz with CL16 OR 2X8 3600 with CL18?

TheNewbie6

Reputable
Sep 8, 2019

I just want to note that the one with 3600 is advertised as CL 14 in the link(which I highly doubt because I have made some research online and all of the results that I have found to that kit was CL18) so my question as per the title which would be better? My main usage is gaming and minor video editing

Like literally 0 difference?

Virtually no chance of literally no difference.

Expect some difference. Just as 2 "identical" CPUs will perform differently.

The difference may or may not be acceptable to you and would likely vary depending on tasks you are doing at the moment...task A, task B, benchmark C, whatever.

You'd get slightly different results at noon than you would an hour later. At what point do you quit testing and decide "that's good enough"?

If you are highly concerned about this, you'd have to buy both and then later return the one the most disappointed you.

Last edited:
Much depends on how a program uses memory, some prefer frequency and some Cl and/or other latencies. Also depends on processor, Ryzen for instance gets a boost fro higher frequency RAM, Intel not as much.
If that 3600 is really CL 14 that would be with good Samsung b-die and better than other one.

TheNewbie6

Reputable
Sep 8, 2019
Virtually no chance of literally no difference.

Expect some difference. Just as 2 "identical" CPUs will perform differently.

The difference may or may not be acceptable to you and would likely vary depending on tasks you are doing at the moment...task A, task B, benchmark C, whatever.

You'd get slightly different results at noon than you would an hour later. At what point do you quit testing and decide "that's good enough"?

If you are highly concerned about this, you'd have to buy both and then later return the one the most disappointed you.
Okay I will just go with whatever then

TheNewbie6

Reputable
Sep 8, 2019
Much depends on how a program uses memory, some prefer frequency and some Cl and/or other latencies. Also depends on processor, Ryzen for instance gets a boost fro higher frequency RAM, Intel not as much.
If that 3600 is really CL 14 that would be with good Samsung b-die and better than other one.
No I am on I7 12700. Ty for the reply man