3.0 flash drive won't work in 2.0 port

Ben Marriner

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013
Hello guys,
my kingston data traveler 3.0 stick isn't being detected in 2.0 ports, I just get the "usb device not recognised" error message. works fine in 3.0 ports tried on at least 4 different computers and formatted with kingston format utility, no go.

Any software to fix it?

Thanks guys.

kingstonhq

Honorable
Mar 11, 2013
Hi Ben,
I'm Jewel with Kingston Technical Support and would like to offer our assistance. You can check if the USB chipset drivers on one of those computers are up to date. Which may make a difference if they all happen to be out of date. Considering this is happening on 4 different computers there may be an issue with the USB 2.0 controller within the drive. We stand by all our products and can replace the drive under it's five year warranty. Please call us at 1-800-435-0640 (USA and Canada only) M - F 6am - 6pm PT and I or another available Technician will assist you.

Thank you for selecting Kingston as your upgrade partner.

Other regional contact information can be found here: http://www.kingston.com/company/contacts

Ben Marriner

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013
Hi there and thanks for your reply.
I bought the drive from amazon and the order was "fulfilled by amazon"
I have contacted kingston support over the issue and they want a picture of the drive, especially the numbers on the metallic port.
I have to tell you I don't know what good it will be as the numbers are unreadable. could you open a case for me and i'll send the pictures asap. The reason i've been unable to respond to my previous corraspondance with Kingston support is I'm quite busy but I will comply with any help offered from now on,

I'm in the UK btw

thanks