3 24" 1080p Monitors vs 1 27" 1440p Monitors

G

Looking on Newegg, I could buy 3 Dell P2414H's for $480 after promo codes. Or I could buy 1 Dell U2713HM for $500. Which is the better choice to make? I also have a 23" monitor, so if I buy the 27", I will use the 23" with the 27". If I buy the 3 24", I would sell the 23" on Ebay. Which is the better choice?

Solution
It all depends what you want to do/play i myself went from 1 27" to 3 27" monitors 2 are ips and the old one is a normal TN all asus monitors.

IPS monitors are alot better in color then TN ones and you can notice it instantly.

I got a 3 monitor setup for eyefinity but as i did notice not that many games have optimized for multi monitor setups.
only some new games etc are somehow good but i have not played in eyefinity for almost half a year as i dont seem it to be worth it atm, but will most likley be much better in the coming years.

And if you tend to play in nvidia surround or eyefinity you most likley need a xfire or sli gpu setup to be able to power them as it will be 5760x1080 with 3x 1080p monitors so it will take alot of...
I don't know if many games are triple monitor capable, and if those are what you play.
1440P 27" is getting more reasonable. Look for QNIX which is cheaper and has a good following.
For $500, you can even buy a 30" 2560 x 1600 monitor.
These will be IPS panels which look good and have a 178/178 viewing angle.
But... they are a bit slower than the tn type.

And why not consider a 4k monitor? They are starting to be reasonable, and your graphics can support one.

vampyiere6

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
It all depends what you want to do/play i myself went from 1 27" to 3 27" monitors 2 are ips and the old one is a normal TN all asus monitors.

IPS monitors are alot better in color then TN ones and you can notice it instantly.

I got a 3 monitor setup for eyefinity but as i did notice not that many games have optimized for multi monitor setups.
only some new games etc are somehow good but i have not played in eyefinity for almost half a year as i dont seem it to be worth it atm, but will most likley be much better in the coming years.

And if you tend to play in nvidia surround or eyefinity you most likley need a xfire or sli gpu setup to be able to power them as it will be 5760x1080 with 3x 1080p monitors so it will take alot of horsepower to play at high/ultra settings and i would suggest a 4gb+ model gpu for that.

if you do some content work or otherwise like to love multitask alot then 3 screens is a boss, as i myself would never go back to 1 or 2 monitors as i have alot of programs/chats etc open and love th just be able to have it all open at once.

But for normal gaming and if you dont multitask alot then the 27" 1440p ips one is much better as in most cases etc 1 monitor is better and lot of less problems, as if you run 3 monitors atleast one of them must be connected with a displayport as you can only run 2x hdmi or 2x dvi or dvi+hdmi.

And to have a multi monitor setup can have it own problems so keep that in mind.

hope this helps : )

Solution

vampyiere6

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013

It really depends what kind of fps games etc, as with bf4/3 that works pretty ok atlast when you in a heli its awesome but other then that the side monitors are stretched so it does not look that good when close to a wall or a small area.

and bf3/4 is pretty good optimized for eyefinity.