Jul 28, 2019
Okay so i have a little bit of an older build
AMD FX 9590 8 Core @4.7 Ghz
Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 motherboard
Sama BTX-800W 80 plus bronze certified PSU
Gigabyte model gc-wb867d-i (ver 2) network adapter
G.Skill ripjaw x series 8GB ddr3 RAM
Sapphire NITRO+ radeon rx 480 8GB GPU

And all of a sudden after 5 years of working (pretty well) it started totally locking up when i game, no blue screen it just goes black and the audio loops with a frequency of about .2 seconds. Nothing works. I noticed it when i tried to play Project Cars 2, but it is also doing this in Civ 6 and Car Mechanic simulator which both were working only a few days ago. After cleaning the entirety of my cooling, shutting off background apps, moving files off my primary hard drive, making sure AMD Boost was off (it had previously done this to me), making sure my GPU fans were firing and not overheating i discover that the voltage for 3.3V is wrong? I'm fairly competent with computers but this is something i have no experience in and i really need help. I took a picture of my BIOS with the apparent error for reference.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YeMo-lqnS30GXKf9aJwCoUNbecGfb5hZ/view?usp=sharing (couldn't make the link an image)

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2019
Your best strategy would be to directly measure all of the PSU output voltages with a digital multimeter. Don't trust BIOS reporting of voltage levels as being "precision".

Any voltage that is out of spec means that you need to replace the PSU.
Would a regular multimeter work? what exactly would I be measuring?