3/4 full glass of water spilled onto case. Power light is working on motherboard, but no signs of life when I try to boot up.

kamolahy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2007
Simple problem. I made a stupid mistake and water got in the case. It spilled directly on the top of the case and hit the my Corsair H100i. There are signs it dropped to the GPU, down the side behind the motherboard and maybe a bit at the bottom of the case near the PSU. When the water spilled, the PC shut down and I immediately unplugged the PSU. I didn't try to boot it for at least 4 days.

Is this a lost cause? I don't have access to spare parts to test them one by one without just buying stuff.

• Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7
    MSI GTX 980 Ti 6g
    2x 8g Corsair Vengeance 2400MHz DDR3
    Intel Core i7 4790k 4.0GHz
    EVGA Supernova 1050G

Solution
Water could have physcially gotten inside of the components. You could risk a spark or fire by starting it again, even after four days. If you have outlets outside, try starting it up outside of the house. Just as a pre-caution. It could be safe and able to use. That's some expensive components, and it seems that it would cost more to replace it to even match it. Did you get accidental replacement on something?
Water could have physcially gotten inside of the components. You could risk a spark or fire by starting it again, even after four days. If you have outlets outside, try starting it up outside of the house. Just as a pre-caution. It could be safe and able to use. That's some expensive components, and it seems that it would cost more to replace it to even match it. Did you get accidental replacement on something?

Solution