Question 3.5" HDD showing as removable (ASRock x570 Creator)

Sohaib

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2007
Hello all, yesterday i finished my first ever AMD build and i have been building systems for over 25 years.
But there is one thing that's getting on my nerves is that 4 of my drives are showing as remove-able external drives.
This board has 8 SATA ports, 4 ports are on ASMedia ASM1061 controller and these are the drives showing as removeable.
From Asrock specs page: 4 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s Connectors by ASMedia ASM1061, support NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug

Is there anyway to turn off hot plug? I looked through bios thoroughly but didn't find any option to turn off hot plug. I tried doing the windows registry trick but that didn't work either. I would be glad if someone can help me fix this.

Sohaib

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2007
It just shows Standard SATA AHCI Controller for me that doesn't have any option to turn on/off hotplug. Maybe that's the issue. I have checked my mobo download page and have installed everything, ASMedia driver is not available anywhere.
Maybe that is the reason, driver for my specific device is not installed. Just a generic one is installed in its place.