ezioxtz

Reputable
Oct 30, 2017
Hello guys! So i just bought the new Razer Blackshark V2 X which uses 3.5 mm connection with a splitter. The problem is with the mic, when i use it with the splitter the sound output is really, really low (i tried both in front and in the motherboard directly) , only if i rise the volume from settings but it lowers the quality of the sound and adds a hissing background. I tested the headset on my laptop too and there the sound is perfect no problem. So is there a problem with my PC ?( the mobo is Asus M5A97) I tried updating the drivers but noting happened.
Also i tried the headset with the usb soundcard from my old HyperX Cloud II and again no problems there.
So my question is: is there something i can do to make it work directly with the splitter; also if not, is there ok to keep them and use the hyperx soundcard or send them back and replace them with one with usb connection?
Thank you in advance!!

Solution
There might be a problem with the front panel mic input jack or the wiring from it to the motherboard. Check that it's plugged into the motherboard (audio connector).
Check to see if any looks damaged or dirty with the jack itself.

ezioxtz

Reputable
Oct 30, 2017
OK, so your headet is OK.
Did Device Manager say your audio device was working properly?
Yes, it detected it with no problem, i tried troubleshooting, again found nothing, the only way the mic works is with the soundcard from hyperx, or on another device, just not my PC, and i don;t undestand why.

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
There might be a problem with the front panel mic input jack or the wiring from it to the motherboard. Check that it's plugged into the motherboard (audio connector).
Check to see if any looks damaged or dirty with the jack itself.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS