[SOLVED] 3.5mm Jacks on front panel and MOBO are humming, with no other sound coming through..

Jan 23, 2019
My head phone jacks on the front and back of my pc are humming and buzzing which almost sounds like the PSU fan, and this is why I assume it's PSU interference.. ... I noticed last night (DAY4 of troubleshooting) that when I changed my power saving modes from "Balanced" to "Energy Saver" and from "Performance", the hum and buzz would alter slightly... also panning over my screen with the mouse causes very subtle interference... I've tried everything the interweb forums have to offer... I believe it is something happening from the inside of the case.. I'm not very experienced with the inner workings of pc's but am adept at learning new things as I go.

Any tip apart from checking my Sound settings thoroughly would be greatly appreciated...

Oh also.... after installing GTX 1060 6gb card I had a super difficult time installing realtek audio drivers which took the better half of day 1

Here are some of my specs..

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763
System Model MS-7922
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10GHz, 3101 Mhz, 4 Cores
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. V10.4, 2015-04-15
SMBIOS Version 2.8
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer MSI
BaseBoard Product Z97S SLI Krait Edition (MS-7922)
BaseBoard Version 2.0

Jan 23, 2019

Hi, thanks for the speedy response.. my spu is CoolerMaster Extreme 2 725 and I'm not sure how to check HDD as you specified... I've only had a pc for maybe a month...

Please explain how to find m"maker software"

Thanks!