Question 3 and 4 Point Connector

Jul 21, 2021
I recently began working on my first PC and things seemed to have been going alright, but it has got to a point where I can continue, but I wanted some input on if it works. The fans have a 3-hole base that has to connect to the motherboard and read that it needed to go into CHA_FAN1, but that one has 4 points on it. Can a 3 fit into a slot that's meant for a 4 point? It seems that the 3 bottom points of CHA_FAN1 has a rectangle piece that looks like it would slide right into the piece I got in question, just making sure it can work.

I recently began working on my first PC and things seemed to have been going alright, but it has got to a point where I can continue, but I wanted some input on if it works. The fans have a 3-hole base that has to connect to the motherboard and read that it needed to go into CHA_FAN1, but that one has 4 points on it. Can a 3 fit into a slot that's meant for a 4 point? It seems that the 3 bottom points of CHA_FAN1 has a rectangle piece that looks like it would slide right into the piece I got in question, just making sure it can work.
Just make sure that a 4 pin header where 3 pin fan is connected to is set to "Voltage adjustmen" and not to PWM. in BIOS.

Jul 21, 2021
Yes, a 3-pin fan connector can be plug into a 4-pin fan header.
That rectangle piece is to make sure you plug the 3-pin fan to the right pins.
Thanks! Just had to know, just in case! Didn't want to do something that could break or bend the pins, you know? Sorry about responding late, by the way!