[SOLVED] 3 beeps no post at random

Feb 12, 2020
Ok so here is my strange problem (or at leat I think it is).

I got 2 new RAM sticks which are a exact match with the stick I already had installed.

After installing I sometimes get 3 beeps and no post afterwards. It just keeps repeating those 3 beeps until I shut off the PC.

The weird thing is that when I push the restart button on my case (while the bios is beeping) or shut down and start the pc a second time the pc starts up just fine. During this startup I'm able to go into bios and see that all the sticks are recognised. Windows taskmaster also shows all the RAM (16G in total).

Starting up or getting the beeps almost seems to be completly random.

This is what I have tried so far:
  • removing the new RAM (no problems)
  • only using the new RAM (no problems)
  • both of the above seated in the other channel (no problem)
  • giving the RAM an extra push to make sure they are seated propperly (still the same problem)
Here are my specs:
Asrock fx990 extreme3
Amd fx8350
Radeon r9 200 series
Ballistix tactical 4x4gb 1.35v 1600mhz

Last edited:
Solution
Even though the RAM is the same, it's from a different batch. This could be a potential issue, although very rare (think 1% or less), it's worth considering. I would try each RAM stick in each slot. One of the new sticks could be faulty OOB, or one of the previously unused DIMM slots are faulty. This is considering you never had this issue with your existing your RAM in their current slots.
Feb 12, 2020
Even though the RAM is the same, it's from a different batch. This could be a potential issue, although very rare (think 1% or less), it's worth considering. I would try each RAM stick in each slot. One of the new sticks could be faulty OOB, or one of the previously unused DIMM slots are faulty. This is considering you never had this issue with your existing your RAM in their current slots.

Solution