[SOLVED] 3 Beeps on boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.

anguskhan

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
Hi can anyone help me when I cold boot my pc with the monitor turned off it does 3 beeps but when I turn monitor on before I boot up my pc there is 0 beeps which is confusing me

I have tested the ram even switched out the ram 1 by 1 and tested it all same slots it beeps when monitor is off and 0 beeps when monitor is on from boot

I Have the b550 msi pro series motherboard with msi rtx 3060 ti ventus 2x oc gpu also using Crucial Ballistix RGB BL2K16G36C16U4BL 3600 MHz Ram

Using Samsung Odyssey G7 Monitor

My question is should I be concerned about these beeps when the monitor is not turned on when I boot up my pc?

I did read it could be a gpu issue I even took that out and plugged it back in to reset it and still beeps when monitor off

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AefTP29b5wA

Solution
No idea what BIOS AMI or Award? means sorry :)

display port is 100% in gpu

my cpu is 5900x
BIOSes are made by different companies such as AMI (American Megatrends International), Award, etc. When you boot into BIOS it's visible (names/logos) also motherboard page and manual should have the info, I think.

Asking because some beep patterns have different meaning depending on the make/brand of the BIOS.

As Fix_that_Glitch said it can be because of the monitor being off.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
No idea what BIOS AMI or Award? means sorry :)

display port is 100% in gpu

my cpu is 5900x
BIOSes are made by different companies such as AMI (American Megatrends International), Award, etc. When you boot into BIOS it's visible (names/logos) also motherboard page and manual should have the info, I think.

Asking because some beep patterns have different meaning depending on the make/brand of the BIOS.

Solution

anguskhan

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011

It is AMI but cyberpower are taking the whole machine back to replace for a new one as it keeps also crashing and failing to boot :)

Status
Not open for further replies.